Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases you will make in your lifetime. Many buyers jump headfirst into house hunting without any real guidance or understanding of how the housing market works. At Sunbelt Real Estate our dedicated agents are eagerly anticipating your call, armed with knowledge and insight into the real world of home-buying. If you’re considering buying your first home, a vacation home, or just exploring your options for the future, we strongly urge you to do it with the help of our qualified professionals who wants only the very best for our clients.
Reasons to Buy in Today’s Economy
- Appreciation: House values are higher than ever in today’s economy. Historically speaking, values have risen at a rate of 5.2% yearly but in most recent years, values are rising at an astronomical 7%, which in turn will create a higher demand for housing in the very near future, thus raising the equity in your home.
- Low-Interest Rates: Due to the economic crash, home loan rates are at an all-time low, making it easier than ever for you to get into a new home.
- Zero Down Options: Tying into low-interest rates for mortgages are zero down options that many financial institutes now offer. If a zero down option is not available, many places are still offering lowered down payments, such as 1% or 3%, contrary to the popular belief that 20% down is required.
- Bad Rental Market: With prices of rentals soaring, what better time to buy your own home? Paying on your mortgage instead of paying someone else’s mortgage just makes more sense logically and financially. Rental prices are expected to go up even more in the next few years, depending on your area, whereas with a fixed-rate mortgage, you pay the same amount every month!
Tips and Tricks on Buying
- Hire An Agent: Agents can effectively choose houses that suit your individual needs without wasting your time; short sale properties and the like can be a headache to home buyers and skilled agents will know what properties to look at to avoid wasting your time.
- Get Loan Pre-approval: Having financing in places makes it possible for you to put in an offer on a home you love immediately without the worry of having someone else put in an offer first. This is not always necessary but it can alleviate stress on you, the homebuyer, and many sellers who often times won’t entertain offers from individuals without assurance that the buyer can get a loan.
- Negotiate Offers: Negotiating is a big part of buying a home and with the help of a real estate agent, the process can go smoother than ever. You may need to negotiate up if there are many offers on a property or negotiate down if the seller’s asking price is too high for the area or if the home had issues that would need to be tended to upon purchase.
Sunbelt Real Estate has been helping home buyers find their perfect home for the past 20 years. Sunbelt serves the Connecticut area into New York’s Metro area, as well as Florida and international areas. With a vast knowledge of many different areas and properties, Sunbelt is sure to satisfy your needs and provide you with a purchase you can be happy and confident in. Contact us today so we can help you move into the home of your dreams!